I’m inspired by the way the creators in this podcast story worked at a seemingly insurmountable problem step by step until it became doable.
- Want to transport cargo but avoid burning fuel → powered by sail.
- Sail is more expensive to operate → transport only high value goods, add sustainability angle to marketing.
- Principles say to consume locally where possible → transport goods that can’t be sourced locally.
- No producers & consumers to “just” integrate with → create them.
- Not enough money for big ship → create business to earn money.
Result: transporting coffee & chocolate from the tropics to Europe by sail-powered cargo boats in a vertically-integrated company. Making money sustainably, by design.